To all our valued clients,
It is hard to believe that a year has passed since we had to make drastic changes in the way we see people and their pets for appointments in order to keep everyone as safe as possible during a pandemic. Fortunately, things are slowly improving and many people have been vaccinated.
We are happy to announce that we will start transitioning to having pet owners back inside the clinic beginning on May 1st! Due the very small size of our exam rooms and the clinic as a whole, we find it necessary to employ some restrictions and to control the amount of people inside the clinic at any given time.
We ask that you follow the procedures/protocols below:
- Please CALL the office upon arrival for your pet’s appointment; when we are ready to escort you and your pet into an exam room, you will be directed to the entrance
- Only ONE pet owner to accompany the pet inside -for appointments only
- A properly-fitted face covering that covers the nose and mouth will be worn at all times (even if you have been vaccinated!)
- Please remain seated in the exam room (to allow for social distancing) unless instructed otherwise
- Please follow any directional signage within the clinic
- Please respect our doctors, staff, and other clients by social distancing
- Please stand so that the sneezeguards are between you and the staff at the front desk
- Please do not linger in the lobby unnecessarily
- If you are sick, please do not come inside the office
As stated above, the small size of our office makes proper social distancing almost impossible. To avoid crowding or having multiple people in the lobby areas at one time, we will continue to have all prescription medications, foods, or other supplies picked up via curbside. Please make requests ahead of time for what you need; please do not come inside for these items. We encourage you to take advantage of our app and refill line for all of your refill or supply requests. This can often be very efficient and convenient and also frees up our phone lines to handle appointments and problems.
Don’t want to come to the office at all? Many prescription medications and foods can be shipped directly to your home through our online store.**
Even with the use of sanitation protocols, social distancing, masks, and vaccinations, we can not guarantee that you may never be exposed to Covid-19 within our clinic. If you would prefer to have your pet seen as a curbside appointment (while you wait in your car) or as a drop-off appointment, we will still accommodate these requests. Please tell us that is how you want to be seen when requesting your appointment so that we can schedule appropriately. Please contact us if you have any questions related the information in this email.
Lastly, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this transition. Although we can’t foresee every possible scenario or bump in the road, we intend to address them and find solutions as quickly as we can. We are all looking forward to seeing you in-person again as we continue to care for your furry family member!
From the Doctors and Staff of Northwoods Veterinary Clinic
**purchases through our online store are not eligible for our clinic loyalty program; online store prices may vary from in-clinic prices; purchases that are part of the Zoetis Petcare Rewards progam are still eligible for those rewards when purchased through our online store