Pet Wellness for Dogs and Cats
Feline Wellness Care
At Northwoods Veterinary Clinic, we work hard to create a positive experience for cats by using stress-free techniques and providing a customized preventative care plan that best suits their lifestyle.
The (unfortunate) fact is, most cats don’t go to the vet nearly as often as they should. While they may be different from dogs in many ways, one thing they have in common is their need for annual wellness exams. They can hide pain and illness very well and symptoms may not be evident until your pet’s condition has advanced and become much more difficult to treat.
A standard wellness visit includes:
- A nose-to-tail physical exam (this can be done with them sitting in a cozy cat bed so they can feel safe and comfortable)
- A health report card that shows your cat’s progress
- Laboratory testing (to uncover potential health problems)
- Recommendations to help with any behavioral changes or eating habits
- Parasite control to keep fleas, ticks, and heartworms at bay
- Vaccinations for Rabies, FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia), and FeLV (feline leukemia virus) if needed
Wellness Care and Preventative Care for Canines
As with our feline patients, dogs also benefit from the stress-free techniques we incorporate into every appointment. We use treats to keep pets distracted during treatment and apply minimal restraint to prevent them from feeling confined. As with cats, we use a health report card to track your pet’s condition and make it easier for us to catch abnormal changes.
Your dog’s wellness visit will include:
- A head-to-tail exam
- Laboratory testing for parasites and other diseases (if recommended)
- Recommendations for managing behavioral issues and/or eating habits
- Parasite control to prevent infectious diseases and infestations
- Vaccinations to protect your pet against Rabies, Distemper, and other harmful diseases
Dr. J. is the best vet that I know of. The crew is awesome.